PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2015, 18:44
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the comment/ question about Jet2 ac positioning LGW LBA, this may be due to charter work ex LGW, in previous years they were doing charters ex LGW and ski may be included, as has been the case at Dublin in recent years.

I've been watching the airbus progress on Jet2, i.e. getting airbus this year, or rather operating for the airline on wet lease etc. The bigger future question that may have been made clear on the thread, but I am completely unaware of it is;

with an ageing fleet of 737-300's but in particular the QC models that do extensive cargo work; what happens when these outlive their good life, what is the alternative. The cargo operation brings significant benefits in terms of unit cost per aircraft, as they can operate over night when the fleet is otherwise idle and a significant revenue driver, especially in Winter when they have much small flying programme.

equally they operating the Royal Mail contract they need to have to be able to meet their requirements but without a QC model in the future? This could have significant cost base implications?

EI-BUD