PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet DEC non-rated OPO & LIS
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2015, 17:40
peacekeeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys.

The contract itself although not good isn't terrible. The tax and social security in Portugal though is extreme. The contract is staggered over three years starting around €96000 ending up at €100,000. Salaries are split into 14 months and you receive a double salary in June and November.

Standard month net pay is around €4900
Double month net is about €7800

It's not double in the end because you reach a higher tax bracket on those months.

The base freeze for DEC is 5 years, no chance for negotiations on that due to internal command waiting lists and the fact that Lisbon and Porto will always have a high turnover with this contract.

Most of the base has changed over the last 12 months with internal guys transferring back to original bases and some others leaving the company. The DEC who have recently joined have been shocked by their net salaries and I guess at least 50% will leave within the first year.

The fact that Easy are looking for non type rated Captains tells the whole story, they are not doing the same in Paris or Rome etc...

It is however a back door into Easyjet for those with a (very) long term plan and I can understand why some people would take it. It's best for those who plan to live in Portugal, without commuting and without expenses in other countries then the contract is workable.

I hope they don't find enough takers because then things have to improve, if you can't crew 2 bases with non type rated guys you really have problems!

I hope the info helps and is not too biased one way or the other. If you come with your eyes open fair enough, those who came and are complaining already really only have themselves to blame!