PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medicals v licence type ATPL(H)?!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2015, 16:15
Stn120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medicals for PPL / ATPL

CAP 804 (available online at CAA website)
Section 4 Part N refers to medicals

Page 1

Post 17 Sept 2012 For an EASA Part- Med

" 1.2 Under the Aircrew Regulation (effective from 17 September 2012) Part-MED applies for EASA (and JAR) licences. Part-MED makes provision for: • a Part-MED Class 1 Medical Certificate; • a Part-MED Class 2 Medical Certificate; and • a Part-MED LAPL Medical Certificate.

1.3 For UK national aeroplane licences the NPPL Medical Declaration remains available.

1.4 For ATPLs and CPLs a Class 1 Medical Certificate is required.

1.5 For a PPL(A), PPL(H), SPL and BPL a Class 2 (or Class 1) Medical Certificate is required"

" MED.A.045 Validity, revalidation and renewal of medical certificates (a) Validity
(1) Class 1 medical certificates shall be valid for a period of 12 months.
(2) The period of validity of class 1 medical certificates shall be reduced to 6 months for licence holders who: (i) are engaged in single-pilot commercial air transport operations carrying passengers and have reached the age of 40; (ii) have reached the age of 60.
(3) Class 2 medical certificates shall be valid for a period of: (i) 60 months until the licence holder reaches the age of 40. A medical certificate issued prior to reaching the age of 40 shall cease to be valid after the licence holder reaches the age of 42; (ii) 24 months between the age of 40 and 50. A medical certificate issued prior to reaching the age of 50 shall cease to be valid after the licence holder reaches the age of 51; and (iii) 12 months after the age of 50. (4) LAPL medical certificates shall be valid for a period of: (i) 60 months until the licence holder reaches the age of 40. A medical certificate issued prior to reaching the age of 40 shall cease to be valid after the licence holder reaches the age of 42; (ii) 24 months after the age of 40. (5) The validity period of a medical certificate, including any associated examination or special investigation, shall be: (i) determined by the age of the applicant at the date when the medical examination takes place; and (ii) calculated from the date of the medical examination in the case of initial issue and renewal, and from the expiry date of the previous medical certificate in the case of revalidation. "