PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus shock
Thread: Airbus shock
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2003, 05:06
Kliperoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

While reading through all the responses so far, Im inclined to ask how many hours LEM has on ANY Airbus type. I'm quite happy to start out by saying I have only 5 hours, all SIM time and all while with a friends dad way back when in the mid 90's. I also point out that I also have this "experience" (for lack of a better word) on 747, 767 and DC-9. Even though I am in no way ready, able or willing to discuss the flight characteristics in detail, I do have to say that the Airbus was the easiest out of all 4 aircraft to read AND understand what was being given to you. At the time I was doing my PPL (so again WAY BACK WHEN) so I had a half decent understanding of systems. I too also have an A320 poster in my study, but I do have to ask...who in the heck sits 3 meters from the cockpit itself. I dont ever remember sitting that far back! Again it was long ago, but I do believe that a properly trained Airbus pilot should have NO problems understanding their aircraft. An airbus pilot once told me "...if you're not careful and airbus will bite you in the ass when you least expect it.". Funny then that I also got this quote from the same man who now flies the 767.