PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N380CR AAIB Report
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2015, 09:47
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom

What an incredibly ignorant and judgemental post. Yes the pilot made huge errors, I'm particularly surprised at their lack of monitoring prior to levelling off, especially in the upper levels.

However the person didn't do it on purpose. I'd say they take their flying seriously given the fact they attend FSI every year. How many 'proper' CJ operators go to the expense of sending their pilots there annually? I'd be interested in the FSI philosophy on MCP selection. Any type I have attended FSI for has always recommended FLC/IAS. And actively discouraged VS. Indeed any type I've flown for any operator has actively discouraged it.

If the CJ is so marginal up at these levels it sounds to be as though it has no business being there. This has happened and been reported. How many close calls have there been that haven't been reported. Climbing in V/S is risky. There have been enough heavy jet transport incidents reported over the years to exemplify this. If FLC is uncomfortable for those in the back speak to the manufacturers, or get a better airplane.