PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problems logging in
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2015, 22:05
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply to Krystal n chips

I do not know if it's coincidence: Yesterday at 8.00 PM GMT I got a warning from Norton Internet Security 2014; on my Windows 8.1 PC, of a block imposed on a "False" Adobe flash player update by Norton.

This was a special instance as I was running IE 11 in an attempt to get BBC I Player Down load to work. This is the first instance I have seen: in 3 Years, of Norton blocking anything. (Reverted to the last Backup - Its not that easy on 8.1 but its possible )

I'm normally a Firefox User Win 8.1 or Ubuntu 14.04 LTS behind a BT HomeHub Mk 3 (Yes Hummmmm)

I suspect that your PC may have been compromised. Or your EM A/C has been hacked; by a third party. Notification by Anti Virus Software, of a problem, is in its self an indication that can only be treated as a well intentioned warning.

Can we have some more details - of your set up ?

Treat the PC as compromised - Re install the Operating System and then restore your last back up and check again for nasties.

I know is a Sod of a problem, but you cannot trust a compromised PC.

I suggest that you revert to a previous backup if possible - Its a recurring problem after all these years.

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 16th Jan 2015 at 22:15. Reason: Grammer