PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2003, 02:33
Chocks Wahay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Purdey:
"We have been all over this far too many times before"

I agree, but you started it .... (this time)

"if the crew knew that they were heading for the 800 ft high ground, as you seem to say"

I didn't say that

"then you have also to believe that the flying controls locked simultaneously in all three dimensions, the power controls also locked and at the same time the R/T failed, leaving the crew helpless to do anything about their predicament as they headed towards the hill in IMC, and of course leaving no witness marks of any kind to be found by the crash investigators "

What utter rubbish, I don't have to believe that, or anything like it. I don't have to believe in anything other than the facts . The AAIB can't say that a malfunction didn't cause the crash - that's good enough for me. I'm surprised it's not good enough for you.

"I really see no point in continuing this discussion, and anyway I am off to sunnier climes for a while"

This is becoming a familiar pattern - come in and dredge up the old argument, lose the ensuing debate, then disappear for a while.

Rest assured that Brian, myself, and everyone else will still be here on your return.