PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former RAF Church Fenton
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2015, 17:26
LEEDS APPROACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_S
And there's a big part of your problem. You see this in terms of Yorkshire vs Manchester rather than in terms of finance, investment and rate of return.

I don't disagree with your notion about starting with a basic airport and seeing what happens. Why don't we just do that? If it's as irresistible a prospect as you think then the business will roll in. Personally I think the barriers to entry for Church Fenton are considerable, but we will see.
I don't see it as a problem - it's a fact. Millions of Yorkshire people are literally helping to drive the economy over the pennines. It's a disgrace that politicians in Yorkshire (because of their infighting) have allowed this to happen. Church Fenton will be a success but it needs every politician in Yorkshire pulling in the same direction. The reason we've got an insufficient airport on a windy hill is historic political decision making. Stop throwing good money after bad on a field that is completely unsuitable in virtually every imaginable way and set a marker in the sand. As you say we will see.