PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed me Air Law!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2003, 01:48
Lawyerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For what it's worth

1. I went solo a long long time before I took my air law exam - it is, most definitely, within the flight school's discretion; and

2. I failed my air law first time around.

Slightly embarrassing given that I have a law degree, a diploma in legal practice and am on my fourth practicing certificate, but then I never was particularly good at multiple choice.

First time around failed by one - ONE!! - bloody mark, albeit partly because I was using an old Trevor Thom without the ICAO stuff in it. Borrowed an up to date book from my instructor, retook the exam a week later and passed... by two marks.

Now, six months later, I've been faffing about trying to ignore the whole thing, have re-read the same five chapters about meteorology in Thom about 100 times, and find time is swiftly running out on me. So I have pulled my finger out of my posterior and booked my second exam for next Sunday. I have finally woken up to the fact that knowing how to fly (I did my QXC about eight months ago fer chrissakes) ain't much good without a licence.

I don't know. Exams exams exams. I thought I'd done away with all that years ago...