PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2015, 19:35
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringwayman that's true from BOAC all the way back to kicking SABENA off MAN-Idlewild. BA was schizophrenic in it's departmentalisation. One part of BA fought for high value clients to route MAN-LHR-JFK while BA Regional fought for MAN-JFK. BA are their own worst enemy outside of LHR.

However I don't understand when you claim :
Airbus and Boeing may as well not bothered with the A350 and 787 if the airlines are only interested in routing long-haul into hubs. I wonder it is because they are frightened of regional long-haul because that for years that have listened to some ignoramus analysts state there's no demand. What will it take to for them to wake up?
Wake up to what? You do know BA fly the B787-8 with the -9 to come? Can you point me to some "ignoramus analyst" using the phrase "no demand". Most regular posters understand the concept of demand varying, I don't think anyone said there was none whatsoever. The huge selling point of the B787 as the hub buster btw, this was the exact same selling point of the B767-300ER ruthlessly used by American Airlines into Europe before they retreated to LHR hub (!) as STAR ALLIANCE domination ate them alive on the continent. Both models are still there, hubs and p2p. Careful in buying the marketing BS. The only comparable p2p long haul operation in the UK is Norwegian and the jury remains out on ROI.

No one, not one person of note, thinks there is no demand for long haul flying or premium travel out of MAN. I think nowadays, in the second decade of the 21st century, some people are arguing against a point that no one is even making anymore.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 15th Jan 2015 at 21:21.