PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Salary vs Training Costs
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2001, 21:21
clear prop!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Scroggs, if I miss quoted you I hereby publicly apologise.

My quote was from a thread where ‘think’ I remember you stating that, not only have wannabes never had it so good, but the cost of training, in real terms, has never been cheaper. Now I may be wrong but I think that’s what you said. If not….sorry!

My point is, that for today’s wannabees it IS more expensive, and I don’t care what anyone says that is a fact.

Even the removal of NVQ alone at 23% added that amount on to the cost in one foul swoop. I can see nowhere that has reduced it’s prices by that amount, indeed most have increased their rates.

I hear what WWW says and can see where he is coming from, but the advent of JAA over the last few years means that in relevant living memory things are more expensive. Just look at the overall cost of the extended ground school (inc time and accommodation)as just one example

Yes the job market may be better, but tell some of the 1,000+hr instructors that I know that!

As an aside Scroggs, you say there are now more wannabes. I wonder if that is in fact the case. I have absolutely no reason to doubt you, but with 4 Forces and PPSC going to the wall, would that not indicate that there were fewer students looking for the services of ground schools? Supply and demand and all that. That is based on nothing concrete I hasten to add!

Now to go back to the main question of this thread. I doubt that you would be able to submit an equation that made the cost of training a sensible investment over a short period of time, but is that why we do it? No, if we did we would be certified!!!

Again, if I have wrongly quoted our moderator,............ sorry!

[ 02 September 2001: Message edited by: clear prop!!! ]