PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senior Aviation/Austin Aviation
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2015, 16:57
Nortski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jason Senior At It Again

Jason Senior is at again, although this time something completely different!

I'm embarrassed to say that I have fallen foul at this scam:

A job post recently on Indeed by a company called Hero Kits, www.herokits.co.uk, were seeking people to assemble a number of Iron Man helmets, over 1000, for an order they have from a client.

I sent my CV as I'm a little desperate for some work and duly received a reply giving me log in details to their website. When logging in you are presented with a 3.30 hour blurry 'training video' with no sound. This video shows a man, who doesn't show his face, putting together the Iron Man helmet from foam and hot glue (to be plastic coated on the next stage) - Turns out this video was created by someone else that has nothing to do with Hero Kits.

On the website it states that if you pay £75 they will send the tools and material needed to create the helmets. They will pay £200 for every 3 helmets you complete that pass QC. The £75 is a one off charge, every subsequent materials sent will be free of charge.

Everything seemed genuine enough, it is a good quality website with lots of information. So yes, I sent my £75. After a few days I did indeed receive the tools and material. The tools turned out to be a £5 glue gun, £2 pack of glue sticks and a £1.50 plastic knife.

The cheap tools roused my suspicions a little. On the off chance, I Google his Paypal name, Jason Senior. Bingo, I landed here (no pun intended).

HeroKits address is the same as Senior Helicopters.

His website claims that Hero Kits make high-end costumes for the movie industry. But a quick lookup on Nominet reveals that www.herokits.co.uk was registered on 30-12-14 (2 weeks ago). Hardly time to be an established company in this genre.

I put forward my findings to them via email and that I believe I have been scammed. He replied confirming that Senior Helicopters was his but was no scam and forwarded a link to a news paper article that details a young man who won a helicopter training course. Obviously; the best scams are carefully planned so one instance may well be genuine.

I won't be wasting my time making these helmets as obviously they will not pass any so called QC.