PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2015, 14:09
Jet2_738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Jet2's USP is that its the north's leading airline (i.e. doesn't go further south than East Midlands) and that works well to an extent. Yes FR might be in competition with the likes of LS, but I think the Jet2 product relies on loyalty, and I think that this is evident at NCL. FR operates once a day with one aircraft from DUB-NCL-DUB. Thus as opposed to Jet2 who operate 30 Desinations from NCL at peak summer, the planes without a seat spare.

I would say that LS has a massive lead in the market when it comes to its Jet2holidays brand. They've grown strongly since 2007, becoming one of the UK's leading tour providers. That is something FR will never have. all we hear from FR is - we'regoing to buy new aircraft and operate flights to America...

Jet2 have already beaten you to that.

And although I agree that a 14 year old NG is an older aircraft - in comparison to the rest of Jet2's fleet, is is quite new. A lot of airlines don't want 14 year old NG's, so the price of the aircraft drops to accommodate that. Jet2 have always went for the older aircraft as these are cheaper, and I suppose it is their business model, which I think they should keep! If you are doing well and expanding at such a rate, then don't change it. There's nothing wrong with these older aircraft, and this is evident, as you can look at Monarch, who do own some brand new aircraft, and are forking out on 30 737MAXs, but they aren't doing so well and are showing signs of struggle, at least Jet2 aren't!