PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 14th Jan 2015, 16:20
A0283

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the structure found ...

I twice posted a scenario that could explain a number of questions that I had about the finds and their sequence. Both times they were rejected. So I won't post the sequence again.

Starting point was an earlier post which was accepted though. In which it looks like a 'giant hand' grabbing the horizontal stabilizer and rotating it.

In the scenario referred to, one sequence might lead to opening up the pressure bulkhead. Leading to a sequence of failures, and in line with that a sequence of specific finds.

I have not had time to think about what kind of aerodynamic forces would shape this 'hand'. Perhaps another poster would be able to shed some light on that. If not, then we would have to change over to hydrodynamic forces, and that would steer the scenario in another direction.

And perhaps there is somebody who has an idea about what kind of forces would be required for such an 'opening up', scenario. Is it realistic with a THS span of 12.45m. You can mail that to me if you dont want to post it.

It is not possible to collect and analyze and make aerodyn/hydrodyn and stress/strength calculations at the same time ...

Last edited by A0283; 14th Jan 2015 at 18:20.