PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206: JetRanger and LongRanger
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2015, 13:17
Washeduprotorgypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank yuh, thank yuh very much. Hey what are pprune noobs for?

In interest of furthering the "Alzheimer's support group" or God forbid the "pass it on" spirit. I'll chime in again.

Fuel nozzle shimming in regards to torque surging , mmmmm I dunno? But it definitely makes the difference between a fizzle-Boom! and a symphony at light off during starting.

In regards to the suspect combustion liner, it's getting pretty foggy but I do remember upon removal there were no visible cracks, defects, oxidation marks to differentiate it from a healthy liner. Well by having a quick look anyways. Lots of unseen black magic going on in there with temps, press, flow conditions and contraction, expansion so it's not completely surprising a liner could be the offending culprit.

Somebody mentioned pulling the collective fast. I d say when acquainting yourself with an unknown unproven machine definetly a good idea to "pop the clutch" and shoot a couple of power recovery autos. Just to be sure when you re flittering around in the hills and your judgement comes up a little short the power doesn't. Lots of unseen parts holding your ass in the air, and component duds never get passed around. Always nice to know the compressor, bleed valve, FCU,PTG, rigging etc. Etc . Are all up to the acceleration task before
Loading the station wagon up with the kids.

That's all I got. Happy flying.