PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANOTHER board member for Qantas
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2015, 08:11
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm trying to be an optimist...

I get what you're saying Rudder and I think Todd Sampson could be good for QF.

As for the schism between the QF board and employees in general, and pilots in particular here, I know where the derision started.

In the past few years there has been little from 'the top' but disingenuous and misleading spin along with a refusal to answer valid and logical questions about obvious flaws in the public pronouncements about QF-group segments' products/fleet/profitability/efficiency/etc...(except when confronted by the inconvenient reality that pilot experience, training and proficiency saved QF's bacon...again; see QF32/72/etc)

So, the pilots aren't perfect and come from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and abilities, but good leadership could have enunciated the challenges and plans while bringing a willing group of participants along for the ride in 'the transformation'. Evidently though, 'the facts' could neither speak for themselves nor bear closer scrutiny in persuading minds, and so the Board chose 'war'.

Honestly, there was a better way. The 'Koolaid' still doesn't taste any better now that the rhetoric is changing and AJ etc stand to make, after a creative and arbitrary pay freeze, many millions in bonuses from a deferred share bonus scheme. Are the public are supposed to applaud their integrity?