PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Salary
Thread: Qatar Salary
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2015, 06:52
HVYMETAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey I've been leafing through this thread and have a few questions about Qatar? I noticed some of the info on this thread is over a year old so I just want to clarify if it is still accurate?

1. I'm flying for a 121 US carrier currently, FAA ATP 4500+TT 2 Jet PIC type ratings (RJ and DC-9), and 2000 Jet SIC time, no TPIC time. Am I competitive with the guys that have been getting hired recently?

2. Pay. I see there's been an increase but not the actual numbers, I think I saw 5%? So is the full annual yearly salary package (including housing, flight pay, schooling, etc) represent a monthly and annual pay of around 8,835 USD/month and 106,000 USD/yr for FO's?

3. Schedule. Is it still 7-9 days off per month with days on the road? Is this what the 777, 787, A380 etc schedules look like? The info posted on that was a little old. As I'm unfamiliar with Middle Eastern Airlines, do pilots bid on pairings and schedules per seniority? So say can a more senior FO bid a better schedule with blocks of days off and enjoy 15 days off per month? Or is this not recognized at all?

4. Aircraft, I'd prefer to be on the 777, 787, A330, or A380 because I'd rather do long haul flying than short hops and with sits (I do this at my current carrier). Is this possible right out of training? If not is there a seat lock? I see there is a training bond, I assume this needs to be paid down then before switch A/C? I thought I read earlier this has been extended to 5 years instead of 3?

My biggest priority is schedule. I have a rough one at my current employer and I'd like to see an improvement with a company that generally respects seniority. I can start over with a rough schedule on RSV somewhere new for awhile but as time passes and I'd like to enjoy a better QOL.

I understand most people posting here want to stay anonymous including myself. But is it possible for someone to post what a "sample" week or month might look like for a junior or senior line pilot at Qatar? Again mostly interested in the long haul stuff if it can be held right out of training.

All that said, I just want to see if Qatar is the right fit for me. I'm not actually available to move abroad for about 6-8 months, but I'm planning ahead. I really appreciate the info and see what I'm getting into. I have been to the Middle East before and am very familiar with the cultural differences and lifestyle. I just want to see if Qatar Airways would be a good fit for me.

Thanks a million!