PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport and aviation security - Senate Inquiry
Old 14th Jan 2015, 03:26
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I regularly have to travel to the other side of the country to work, largely because the CAsA strategy to wipe out general aviation seems to be working well on the east coast.

Security, A'La Albersleezy" never ceases to amaze me as I drag my sorry ass through check in at terminal 2 and trudge towards the "Cattle pens". Small consolation but at least I don't have to get irradiated till I glow in the dark like the poor sods who actually have to fly the aircraft!.

6am and there's a heaving mass of humanity corralled up in front of the xray machines.

They should hang a huge banner above them "WORK SHALL SET YOU FREE".

Swarthy looking individuals with cattle prods striding up and down keep the mob well bunched up.

Waiting, as sitting ducks for some nutter with a suicide vest to yell "Allahu Akbar" from the middle of the melee and send themselves and a couple of A380 loads to meet their makers.

They wouldn't even need to have explosives, just yelling it should be enough to precipitate a stampede!!

"Well done that man" We hear from ISIS.

"We are writing a new suite of regulations to cover blowing yourself up before going through security, three thousand pages should plug the gap", from our regulators.....

"Yelling Allahu Akbar, in a crowded location is now a crime" punishable by 30 penalty units and three days listening to the goggle eyed green telling you how downtrodden and discriminated against you are.

Security??? they wouldn't know if it bit them on the ass!!

Last edited by thorn bird; 14th Jan 2015 at 05:59.