PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane crash near Basingstoke UK
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2015, 19:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course we do not know what happened but the point of this thread is not to do the AAIB work for them but to analyse possibilities?

Most in the thread are pilots and as such this sort of analysis will at least get others to think around the subject and hopefully avoid a similar situation.

I do not agree with the dramatic emotive statements of some who try to quash discussion by using the excuse of hurting feelings and discuss nothing till the AAIB report comes out a year hence when everything is forgotten.

Any tragic fatal accident will register more with other pilots when it happens it is only then that they are receptive to learning lessons sadly a year later when the AAIB report comes out and the subject is history.

it is a sad fact that the vast majority of accidents are pilot error and its extremely unlikely that this one will be any different! Not IMPOSSIBLE but extremely unlikely and yes that bit we will have to wait for the AAIB report.

As long as posters don't pick this particular accident apart stating fact I do not see anything at all wrong in discussing the possibilities! Nothing will bring back the people in that aircraft but discussion MAY stop something similar happening to another pilot.

Pace