PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2015, 18:33
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lexoncd -

My blood pressure is just fine thanks, young dude. However, I do worry for those individuals who post rants calling for all and sundry to be dismissed from their jobs. For having an inability to foretell the long-term future, of all things!

Addressing the content you have now added to your argument, MAN does not have the capacity to handle the numbers you put forward because the need to provide it never arose. It seems eminently sensible to me not to throw funds at 'white elephant' terminal capacity and supporting infrastructure in the absence of any requirement for it.

Why would we wish to imagine the figures without Ryanair? They are there. Should we consider the figures without Thomson, FlyBe and Etihad too? Or maybe we should select afew other random names to ignore?

Do I believe that executives working for Manchester Airport should be excused for failing to take account of a global banking derivatives meltdown ahead of it's occurrence? In a word, YES. Absolutely. Well you did ask.

As for long-term forecasts (about anything) being unreliable, I think we're all quite well aware of that. Soothsaying is only ever possible on a 'best endeavour' basis, and in your former role as a director one presumes you would understand that concept?

As for Gatwick's performance, well done them. What has that got to do with anything?

By the way, feel free to post next week's winning lottery numbers later this evening. We'd all appreciate it. But some may call for your head to roll if you get them wrong!

Cheerio lexoncd ...