PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch in turbulence
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2015, 18:19
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enzo999

With few acceptable options your decision is made for you and at least you have a job, keep current and get to fight another day.

There is a vast number of people in this industry who are now thinking that perhaps with the benefit of hindsight or a bit more foresight that its not really for them. I fly with a good number of late 20, early 30 guys who are simply burnt out with the lack of life style or any life of their own, debts, failed relationships and the rest.

Its particularly difficult for the Monarch Guys, because they'd bought into the myth of we are different at Monarch with Billionaire owners happy to bankroll the losses because its all smoke and mirrors and its not really a loss anyway and the management fed this to the troops so one can only assume they'd bought into it too??

Everyone with half a brain knows that despite the adjusted cost base, walk away from the pensions, low cost focus the chance of surviving is a best limited, they simply will not achieve the scale required to compete in their chosen market place against the big 4 pan European Lo cost airlines, low fuel prices will buy some time with most airlines, but not Ryanair hedged at prices close to double the current spot price, but these positions will have unwound by the end of the 1st quarter anyway.

From what i hear the rostering protocols at ZB are still generous, personally i think they will need to revisit the productivity before 2015 is out.

So sit tight and keep your eyes wide open, next winter will be very tough