PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2015, 18:03
lexoncd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear dear shed on a pole you really do need to go and have a lie down old chap. I'm worried your blood pressure mAy have gone through the roof.

Specifically I refer to the revised forecasts after the second runway was opened.. This was when they realised they had used such optimistic figures that quite honestly bore no possibility of being attained.

If we look at the terminal expansion plans, rail expansion plans, road network then again the airport wouldn't have been able to handle the stated throughput that they themselves forecasted.

Imagine how the figures would be without Ryanair? So you think the "crash" of 2008 excuses highly paid people from being held accountable now? Do you not think it should be a cause of future concern when looking at maplc statements as to their future growth.. As a former director of a transport group including a low cost airline I think I have some validity in exposing the myth that manchester airport is doing exceptionally well especially as we consider that Gatwick handled 37m on one runway..

Cheerio shed...