PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Aviation Asia (BAA)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2015, 17:06
pilotfriend04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minsheng acquiring BAA

Hi all -

I am hoping this thread can help me. I have a very good friend who has been hired on with Minsheng as a pilot. He has worked with the recruitment company Wasinc and was hired on in the summer of 2014. When he was initially hired on, he was told his visa paperwork would take a few weeks; however, it took 6 months. Is this normal?

Then, he was told and signed a contract with Minsheng that would allow him 8 days off per month, may be taken consecutively and then the 10 days of paid leave per year that UPS mentioned in his post in October. His plan was to save up his days off per month and return home to the states to see family and friends every couple of months. Do you know if this is do-able under the Minsheng contract?

Third, it appears Minsheng acquired BAA and there has now been some discussion that they will change the current hired pilots contracts to the BAA...which I think is a total of 28 days off per year plus 12 paid holidays? Can someone verify this? And can someone tell me if Minsheng or Wasinc or BAA can void the contract he signed and make him sign another contract?

If he decides that the new BAA contract is not something he is willing to agree to, does anyone have any insight on what would happen next? Would he just be fired? Unfortunately, my friend doesn't seem to ask a lot of questions to his recruiter or his boss and everyone has been left wondering if this is such a smart idea to get involved with.

Thank you all for helping!