PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Virgin Blue Ever Operate Internationally?
Old 3rd Jun 2003, 17:57
Johhny Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pete/Frank - you state that:
Everybody else who works for other airlines just can't wait for the day that there are more opportunities for jobs and decent competition created by an SQ,DJ,REX tie up.
If everyone else is already working for an airline, why would they be excited by the prospect of more jobs created by your mythical merger?

How many more jobs would you like to be available? In the last year both Virgin Blue & Qantas put on substantial numbers of tech crew. Virgin are supposedly about to begin hiring again, and Qantas can't be too far off once the current SARS downturn peters out.

I fail to see how your 'proposed alliance' will create any new jobs at all. Perhaps you are just upset that no one in Australia will employ you, so you are pinning all of your hopes on SQ. What happens if all of your dreams come true, but SQ don't employ you - perhaps some other 100% owned foreign entity can come to Australia & teach everyone else how it's done & provide heaps of jobs & competition for everyone - gee, I bet everyone can't wait for that to happen....

At the end of the day, I guess it all comes down to the sad fact that you are....Un-Australian.