PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Falcon build a longer range Aircraft ?
Old 13th Jan 2015, 08:53
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in 1991, during the presentation of the FNX program, there was 3 big ways for the "new generation falcon"
Various issues with Honeywell, ending up in a "off-court settlement " shrunk this big view a little. What remained ?

An "upgrade" program for the F2TH and the F900; the dumping of the FA50

A relatively "new" concept completely ****** up by Mr Bill the F7X..

And a box with the remains of what was ( at that time) the brightest idea on the Market.

F5X...... 5000 Nm 2 Engines ( actual fuselage)
F7X...... 7000 Nm 3 engines ( new fuselage)
F9X.......9000 Nm 3 engines ( new fuselage)

Of course in France and across the pond, finance rules, and the mix in between the hull and wings and engines looks like coming out of a lottery bag; ending up on one of the worst patch and plug line of aircraft ever !
10 years down the road of Easy program, only half of the capability are flyable on production aircrafts.
I love Dassault, and i am typed in all of them, yes all, even the mighty 200 :-) ; but what a band of suckers when it comes to make a proper market decision, but they are like Bentley, not the latest kit, not the best engine, but definitely the sexiest and most wonderful ride one can expect. ( and yes I flew Gulfstream and Global as well).

So , what tomorrow will bring ? It will bring a F10X... the large fuselage, stretched with 3 engines and 8000 Nm, because this is all they can think of today.
Let's see when...They need to chop a couple of heads in Saint cloud first though...