PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANOTHER board member for Qantas
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2015, 21:03
Boney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comply

I don't think anyone posting on this thread is seriously suggesting that Pilots have all the answers or that a Pilot should be on the board. That is ridiculous.

However, I believe people are dismayed by the many non airline related experience people that have graced the board, particularly over the last 15 years.

Peter Cosgrove was on the board since 2005 I think and left recently to become the Governor General. I find it hard to figure out anything that he could have provided to the board that would have been of any value. No wonder he hung around for nearly a decade with his snout in the trough.

Todd Samson may work out OK. Being from a marketing background, he will have a very strong radar for seeing/hearing bull$hit and being able to create some for Q's benefit. But unfortunately, his skills may only be properly utilised if he were joining a board that actually had deep airline experience.

"What's a triple seven, is that the size of our next bonus and how many zero's are on the end of it?"