PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills Test - HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2001, 00:30
Short and Sweet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TP01

All the best of luck for your test. Everything that has been said here is excellent advice.

In repsonse to your questions:

1. Without having seen your 152 I would assume that the trailing lines might be static dispersers. ie if you get hit by lightning.

2. Again without viewing you 152, the cable you might be talking about (does it look like plaited metal?) I think will also be a static disperser because if you get hit by lightning your aileron might get welded to the wing!!

3. I don't think the 152 has static or pitot drains (99% sure) but check your POH to be certain.

4. Low Lead

5. The aerials will be VOR, VHF, HF (if you have that) and other things that might be attached, transponder, ADF, GPS. Please get your instructor to point out all the aerials.

6. No live in Australia!!

Again good luck. I always said to myself what is the worst thing that could happen if I fail? A crushed ego but the world still turns and the sun will still rise. I still get nervous before a renewal or check flight but the tester knows that there will be errors. As long as you admit the error there and then and tell him/her what you are going to do to fix it they shouldn't have a problem with it. They want to see a safe operation not a perfect one. In fact my CFI did not like to see a perfect operation as he did not know if they could handle a stuff up (ie getting off track or overshooting a PFL). Even some airline pilots failed their PPL tests.

Have faith in your skills as your instructor would not put you up for the test if they did not think you were ready for it.

Please let us know how you go.

SnS

[ 30 October 2001: Message edited by: Short and Sweet ]