PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF1737 Melbourne-Launceston attempted hijacking - 2 FA's injured
Old 3rd Jun 2003, 11:49
Cart_tart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic job by great QantasLINK cabin crew!! I'd love to fly with that crew any day!

Just wondering how come the LINK part seems to have been forgotten? Also why were the crew put in mainline uniforms for the press confrence?? I know Impulse CSM's wear the same (or very similar) uniform to QF mainline, but regular line FA's wear the same gorgeous printed shirts as linkette's all over oz. However....at the press conference the heroine was wearing the white mainline shirt?! I know its a minor issue in light of the seriousness of the whole matter but it has just intrigued me. I'm sure if it had been a different incident, with a different outcome, that may have given QF bad press, the LINK part of the picture would not have been forgotten with QF most probably stating that it wasn't them it was Impulse!!

I think the crew were brilliant and definitely deserve bravery awards (if they still exist!) I'm glad to hear they, and all Impulse/QFlink crew are receiving the best care and support from the company. I hope they recover from the injuries soon. The mental scars will remain for a long time to come but hopefully with the support from colleagues, fellow cabin crew and an entire nation it will make the process somewhat easier for them.

CT
xx