PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former RAF Church Fenton
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2015, 16:54
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leeds Approach, last month you were banging on about building a rail link to LBA without any serious consideration about how or who would fund it, this month its Church Fenton !!!

I think we all agree that if we were to expand LBA to reach the potential that its natural catchment area should/could provide, then we wouldn't start from Yeadon and Yeadon will probably never go beyond 5 million passengers a year with its current restrictions, its not really an international airport at all and the passenger facities are frankly a joke, i waited for 15 minutes in the polly tunnels open to the elements at 2c between Xmas and New year and despite only hand luggage it took 40 minutes to get landslide from getting off the aircraft! from what i could see there was just one Ryanair aircraft ahead and maybe the tail end of the BA shuttle and i doubt that would have more than 50 passengers.

Everything at LBA is done on the cheap apart from the £2 rip off for kiss & fly drop off, the Jet2 tent check in area, the Arrows taxi payment portacabin in front of the terminal, it all smacks of minimal investment, a poor mans EMA if you like.

So yes a brand new airport East of the city with good rail and road links would be ideal, a great idea that won't happen any time soon, in the meantime some investment in the passenger experience at LBA would be a good place to start.