PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic controller - Opened Letter- student Job seeker
Old 11th Jan 2015, 13:52
Crazy Voyager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must learn to read better, thanks for clarifying though

If that's their policy then that's their policy. They're not the only ANSP I've heard off with that though.

However, NATS I think will train you, I met people when I did training that held licenses from Spain and redid the entire thing again. I also think NATS are recruiting, but the process is quite long (and I believe you will have to redo the FEAST).

I have no experience directly with self-sponsored trainees, however I think the way many of the big ANSPs look at it is that they have no way of knowing what was in the courses. Also the way the rumour mill goes quite a few self-sponsored do it because either they didn't get in to the big companies, or they weren't patient when the process was slow. From the big companies point of view, they're not people they're interested in employing. Unfortunately for you you will be bunched up with this group, and I don't think there's much you can do about it.

I sympathise with you because of your situation, however the big companies don't and I dont' think their attitude will change in the forseeable future.

I think your options are what I said above, either find a local airfield or find an ANSP that will train you from scratch. Realistically though, the only one who won anything from this story seems to be the college that trained you.

On a side-note, am I correct in that you have an ADV/ADI but no APP/APS? If so the lack of an approach rating will hamper your chances in the private market, not to the impossible, but it will definitly make it even harder to find something as you won't be qualified for many posts to begin with (before looking at any requirement for experience).