PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic controller - Opened Letter- student Job seeker
Old 11th Jan 2015, 13:45
alexxrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi crazy voyager, first if all thanks for the interest and taking part in the discussion.

Answering to some of your questions, yes I did actually the FEAST and yes I passed it. And I already commented it previously in a comment but I may clarify it anyway.

Ai already wanted to be ATCO while in high school, but when I finished it unfortunatelly at the same time happened "all the mess" with spanish atcos and the privatisation. Aena closed the training program and new private schools appeared. I didn't plan to self-sponsor my self at the start, I started my engineering degree as was a bit "unknown" the atco situation. Then I contacted eurocontrol and other ANSPs and some of them said no selecion process in the next years so I decided to wait. One day appeared that a private school appeared really close from home, I was coursing my degree and that course had plenty of promises and chances; seemed so good that I thought was perfect as would allow me to keep my degree and train as atco by the same time "thing that I did"
But the result once completed was that all those promises disappeared and we were "abandoned".

The story is simple as that, I trusted who I shouldn't have trusted and this is the result. It seemed really good, and I don't mean "big money job promises", I mean "good job chances" were promised.

I also strongly believe that being self-sponsored doesn't means "less quality" or "less talent".

The aim of this post was and is to ask from experienced people like you may be, that know pretty well how the industry works, and obtain advice or help if wished.
And I really appreciate all your comments as it is always good to obtain information.

About aplying to an ANSP I actually tried a few months ago with Eurocontrol, and they told me they couldn't call me as I already had received civil training.

So I don't really know if that excuse was true or was just an "excuse".

Thanks