PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic controller - Opened Letter- student Job seeker
Old 11th Jan 2015, 13:01
Crazy Voyager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So have you done the feast before? If so why did you self-sponsor?

Is this theory correct? You did the application to one or several big ANSPs, failed to get in, then self-sponsored to promises of a job afterwards, which now isn't happening? If not then why can't you do the FEAST again? If you've passed it I believe eurocontrol will honour that result anyway, it's only an issue if you've failed feast in the past.

You never said exactly why you choose to self-sponsor and not apply for one of the big ANSPs directly.

For what it's worth, I think there are two ways.

Find a local airfield that needs controllers, and somehow manage to beat off the fierce competition. With the amount of unemployed student controllers out there I think this one will be very difficult indeed.

Apply as a trainee to one of the big ANSPs, get in and do the course again. Getting through the application isn't easy, but it might be easier than fighting the open market. The end-result is also likely to be higher pay and better job security.

Without a validation to go with it your rating is worth very little. Without experience you will struggle to find a job, without a job you won't get experience. Catch 22 unfortunately, but I don't know how you'd get out of it apart from what I've written above.