PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please, someone in Perth gaffa-tape GT!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2015, 09:22
Compylot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Compylot wrote:

Quote:
Toughen up princesses, you all sound like a bunch of stuck up whining schoolgirls.. "contact media watch or the press council...??"

Please...

I hope that I don't ever have the misfortune of flying with some of you pansies, "Oh Oh there's a bit of cloud up ahead request 50 miles right of route before I wet my knickers, and by the way lets get onto the press council about that monster GT.." you all need a bit of harden the you know what up.
But wait a minute last year he also wrote:

Quote:
I agree also with the OP the standard of journalism regarding the facts about an aviation incident is decidedly poor.
I've mentioned before that we pilots should put together a committee to oversee and endorse appropriately accurate technical reporting.

Quote:
I suggest that we draw together a body of aviation professionals, representing not just professional air crew but also Air Traffic Control, Engineers, Flight Attendants and Ground Handlers. (I have included ground handlers here because I am sick to death of the poor attempt many commercials make when including marshalers in some way to sell a product. Too often I see actors waving glow sicks around with absolutely no idea of the correct procedures and don't get me started on their lack of appropriate high visibility clothing or ASIC!)
So which is it Compylot?

Do you think that an industry "expert" should at least have some relevant industry experience and perhaps a modicum of technical knowledge to which their title alludes, or are you just trying to raise your perceived online profile by claiming some moral high ground by way of a sanctimonious rant.
I'm so sorry pyscho joe I cannot believe that you have caught me out.

I'm at a loss for words.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that someone would use the search function to then use my own quotes, thoughts and ideas against me

I confess that at one stage in my career I was a little jaded at the media and their portrayal of professional flight crew. Heck, I was disappointed at their portrayal of ALL aviation professionals, including the hard working ground crew!

The tipping point for me (not long after I gained my ATPL) was seeing I think it was a Coles (or Bunnings or Woolies?) commercial, whereby there was a scene showing an aircraft marshaller waving his glow sticks around "apparently" in an attempt to marshal an aircraft into its bay. Any aviation professional would of seen that their signals were NOT that which is promulgated in the Jeppesen's.

Anyway that was the catalyst for my idea concerning the creation of "The Alliance of Aviation Professionals and Associates".

Perhaps, pyscho joe, it is pertinent that we may now revisit such an idea as the Alliance of Aviation Professionals and Associates and we could perhaps together be on the board to vet and provide our seal of approval on anything aviation related so that all aviation professionals can sleep well at night knowing that their industry, (nay their lively-hood!) is being reported on in an accurate, technical and factual way!

Wow, I think I can feel an email to Nick Xenophon coming on here!

And lots of thumbs up smiles