PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cyprus airways.
Thread: Cyprus airways.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2015, 17:45
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's very nice to be sympathetic towards CY , but have any of you really studied the facts of how CY has been run into the ground in the last 10 years ? I will not list them again here , unless someone requests them , but I had the chance to fly for Eurocypria , a ' low-cost ' offshoot of CY , and was appalled at the lack of ambition and forward thinking by the management / boards of both airlines which has led to their twin demises , while Easyjet have cleaned up flying routes to UK that the Cypriots sniffed at . CYs abandonment of Paphos and all it's potential frankly amazed me . When winter business was particularly bad , I enquired why we did not offer a daily flight to Gatwick where 30k Brits were desperate to have one . I was told , sniffily , that Eurocypria did not do schedules , that was CYs business . Problem was , CY couldn't find Paphos airport on a small scale map ,it was so far from Nicosia , the golden city . Ergo , Easyjet have cleaned up , and Cyprus today does not have a single airline .
I hope that any attempt to launch a new one does not involve ANYBODY from the old debacle , especially Union members .