PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus shock
Thread: Airbus shock
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2003, 06:24
LEM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rabbit, first I want to tell you that I respect a lot your experience,
which no doubt is impressive and comprehensive.

But unfortunately your attitude, which here is not unlike that of the KLM captain in Tenerife, makes my reply even too easy to make:

His majesty the EXPERIENCED pilot wants people to religiously LISTEN to his word because he is
smarter/more experienced/more qualified/etc
Listen to what?
Have you answered my points? Have you explained in a logical and, I might say, scientifically way why my criticism in wrong?
Your only answer is: you have to LISTEN, LEM, because I'm God and you are nothing!
And you talk about a good human factor course!
You could also be God, I don't care, you have to answer my points in the details; putting forward your prestige won't work with me.
If my points are so wrong, it should be very easy to explain
why, but all you do is trying to impress people ( Heh guys and gals...) with your curriculum.

yet he continues to push his one-sided view
Absolutely, my thoughts are mine , they are the product of my brain, they are not precooked mass opinions.

As I said earlier, if you don't know don't comment. Here is a perfect case in point - he only thinks he knows yet he talks as if with actual knowledge/experience which he himself admits he does not.
You should at least read my posts more attentively: I said-admitted, if you like- I'm not rated on the Airbus, but the Airbus is not the only airplane with glass cockpit: I have some thousand hours on a glass cockpit virtually identical to the bus, so when I'm criticising speed tapes for example, I know what I mean.

Therefore LEM please listen, everyone but you so far has had positive comment,
Once again, you are so blinded by your 20000 hours that you purposely forgot L337's post, who is an Airbus pilot.

I can tell you from ACTUAL experience that round dials on any aircraft do not compare with any glass cockpit.
It's not sufficient to say that, but explain why.
BTW if you had read my posts more carefully, you would have understood that my criticism is very radical and idealistic, and that round- or analog- dials are not opposed to glass cockpit, we could very well design round dials on CRT. (and, as already I've said, the 737NG option is there to proove it can be done)

Therefore LEM its time for you to come out of the dark ages and upgrade your thinking.
Dark ages or modern ages.... still, we are human beings!

Its time to LISTEN.
Listen to what?

I cant't hear nothing, but the sound of empty words...

Have a good night!