PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC private training?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2015, 21:15
Falcio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATC private training?

Hello, everyone, new guy here. Falcio's the (nick)name.

I wanted to ask you people for insights about private schools that offer ATC training.
I'm an interpreter, but after 10 years of no luck in finding a stable job I thought that I should probably learn another more in demand trade. So I told myself, "Self, why not going for something you really love? Like Air Traffic Control?".

That would be my dilemma. I'm 29 and will turn 30 this year. I'm too old for Eurocontrol and most other ATS providers in Europe. I've found out that there are a number of private schools offering training to people of all ages, but would you say it'd be worth the trouble and the large sum required?
I've tried asking around but I couldn't find solid answers.
Is it already too late for me? Is private training just a scam that will give you a student license and no possibility to find a job? How is it that private training seems so much shorter than that offered by national ATS providers? Would those money be better invested in a CPL (H maybe?)?

I'd actually have some more indepth dilemmas too. Hope someone can enlighten me here, since little came up with the search button.
Thank you in advance.