PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2015, 16:44
gazza007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have always lived within a stones throw of MAN and watched the ups and downs of aviation over the last 5 decades and had various roles within the industry. I am a frequent flyer and I appreciate that its not a super hub with 10 terminals and runways in every direction but on the whole it is a great airport and feel proud to frequent its terminals. OK its not perfect but its better than most out there, some things are out of its control such as Border Control. It has provided the local area with jobs and contributed to the North West in a big way. Lifes too short for saving a few £'s by flying via LHR.
If I need to make a connection I at least want to be travelling in the right direction. It will continue to develop its own niche market, I'm always amazed how full or almost full planes I'm on such as my flight in fom PHL this morning.Its a regular for me did it one on BA, never again, great when I can leave east coast USA at 21:30 and be home with 7 hours
I think its market is point to point, there are some good strong routes over the years and nice to see some of the old ones from the 70's & 80's returning. With airport city and the excellent local infrastructure things can only get better. Lets face it if you want to go LHR thats fine but London and the South East is full up, they will get runway 3 whatever & I'm not bothered it wont stop the stacks.We do our own thing and can survive and prosper whatever the south does.