PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please, someone in Perth gaffa-tape GT!
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2015, 05:40
tecman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a consequence of the unholy link described by Hasherucf, the West Australian carries page after page of GT tosh - far more than most of you guys on the East Coast see (unless you are crazy enough to seek it out online). I suppose you could look on GT as WA's revenge on the wicked East; fix up the GST and we'll take him back. (There you go..I'm practically a local now).

I don't buy the West myself, it being distinguished in my memory as the foul organ that front-page serialized a woman's death and subsequent legal proceedings for the entertainment of the masses. However, colleagues often shove the GT stuff my way, invariably with a shake of the head.

I've found the thread interesting and, noting that most journos are lazy buggers who enjoy feeding on each other, I reckon the idea of an alternative source of higher grade, pre-written tosh is a good one. As a complement, the Media Watch encouragement is also good. Forget the legalities of the Press Council etc and go for good old-fashioned public derision.