PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61 IPC or repeat Initial?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2015, 01:09
Ramjet555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thans aF,
I've downloaded and saved every thing of that 1,000 odd pages, that I can lay my hands on and read. Learning and relearning CASA expressions and acronyms is also challenging.
This "Underpinning Knowledge" expression appears to have been plagiarized from UK Educational documents.

How do you read that?
Does CASA Part 61 now by omission of the old reference to "initial issue" now by allude that an initial issue can be done in part on a sim or overseas on an FAA IPC or renewal of a Canadian?

On the phone, that is what I was told by one person and then quoted from the old ANO part 40 the next.

It appears that CASA can't get their heads around the fact that the world is a big place and pilots will go fly overseas and then come back.

I've watched as Canada has slowly grasped that reality. Now if you are overseas flying, you are exempted from re-writing the written with a valid foreign IFR. Turns out different regions here can give you different answers, some are not up to the speed as others with new changes.

The US is a dream by comparison to follow and understand.

Would you know where I can find the sample list of oral questions for an Initial Issue IFR and or IPC?