PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Worth of a B727 type rating today
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2015, 17:46
Trackdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4scewaircrew

Thank you for your empathy.

I imagine the 727 would be a more interesting challenge.Yes I would rather fly the Emb 145 or the Legacies for which am also qualified but as I have no time on the type no one seems interested despite my total time being not ab-initio level.The 727 job is imminently available should I choose and rather than be without work I would prefer to embark on it..but as I have to pay for the rating it is why am weighing the costs and benefits.I believe it would be a good place to learn to fly big jets and certainly hone my handling skills further. My main query is to see if the time I shall build on the 727 will qualify me where where aircraft weight minima are incorporated in job adverts and use my glass time on the smaller crafts to tally my totals toward the cumulative requirments of EFIS/weight categories.Alternative is to wait till Santa Claus drops from the sky to hand me a modern Jet rating...with free line training...which in my view is never going to happen in this day and age.So the 727 extinct as it is..still flies and commands respect in the industry as I see it...and so is worthy if doing the rating will guarantee me a job...even if several hundred hours whilst I continue hunting for glassier aviatur pastures! If my thinking is deluded I stand to be corrected. A 727 rating costs about $7k and would return my investment pretty much in a couple of months easily..and so