PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple Hamsterwheel
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2015, 11:51
JosuaNkomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee mixture look what I just learned.

" Using an open platform a developer could add features or functionality that the platform vendor had not completed or had not conceived of. An open platform allows the developer to change existing functionality, as the specifications are publicly available open standards."

" A closed platform, walled garden or closed ecosystem is a software system where the carrier or service provider has control over applications, content, and media, and restricts convenient access to non-approved applications or content. This is in contrast to an open platform, where consumers have unrestricted access to applications, content, and much more."

Apple iOS and other mobile devices, which are restricted to running pre-approved applications from a digital distribution service are examples of a closed platform.

Now as a simple user of a product I really could not give a rats arse about the security architecture of the device I use as long as long as I am reasonable confident that my browsing and purchasing habits don't compromise my internet security.

You strike me as having a " Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned " mentality when it comes to Apple products.

PS. I don't believe I was bashing the opposition at all and my lack of " technical " understanding should not preclude me from my opinion on using a device.