PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2015, 09:16
Dihedral1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A330

Multiple problems in my humble opinion.

- Correct, not aware of the "me to" contract clause in fact there are discrepancies between contracts, Instructor pay for example, medical benefits, O/T (Parc are being forced to accept what Rishworth proposed in this regard)

- 330 Capts are starting to work as hard as 320 Capt's (hard!), this will only get worse as local Capts go to the A350 or jump over to VietJet (much better local terms).

- once the A350s all arrive (forecast 2018) you may be offered a slot on the New bird, but it will then cost you..not cheap! Nobody knows true cost, but I have elaborated on FO to Capt or 320 to 330 costs before on this forum, which are easily verifiable.

So it may not be the 5 yr contract you might be hoping for, unless prepared to spend a bit of money..

Salary wise, whilst Vietnam might be a bit cheaper than, say China, the salaries have remained static since 2008 and prices locally & globally have gone up during that time..

An increase of 15-20% would easily fix pilot retention and recruitment problems, certainly cheaper than parking planes, which by the looks of things, should hit them over Tet (lunar New Year) going forward (summer) to new aicraft deliveries.

Hold off a little if you can. Hopefully the bean counters will have an epiphany