PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - University - Aerospace Eng. with Pilot studies
Old 8th Jan 2015, 07:32
mcfly87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my perspective, it is not a question whether I should go for another degree or not but rather - where should I do it? As I wrote before, during my previous studies I became obsessed with aviation. All thanks to gliding and reaching another goals in this sport. At the beginning that was meant to be only a hobby but quickly turned into something way more than that.

I can continue my architectural career, save every penny, slowly build hours, do licences, ratings and wait for my time (which may never come knowing the current market situation). The problem is that long time ago I completely lost my enthusiasm to this industry and would do anything to be closer to planes, even if it is not directly connected to piloting.. or will not be in a short time. That is why I have made a decision of going for another engineering studies. Perhaps having architectural background could even be a plus in some sectors of aerospace engineering as it is closely related to ergonomics, construction and slightly to human factor (like at Bigelow Aerospace working on inflatable space habitats for example).

For now I am checking whether I could be accepted for any course at Master Level without Bachelor degree in similar field of study (but perhaps with a few undergraduate courses). As I have found out for now, only a few Universities in USA allow me to do that though with a restriction of going for structures area only. What do you think about such a move? I was hoping to do that on TU Delft (which I really admire) but the only option there is to start from the very beginning.