PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 8th Jan 2015, 06:30
hca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in air breakup?

With respect to the ongoing discussion about the aeroplane breaking up mid air.

For what its worth, when the the first victims were recovered there was a tv crew in the helo that winched up a body. I have not seen it mentioned in the forum but that video was broadcast on local tv as the announcement they had found the first victims was made. The video we saw here at the time was raw, subsequent broadcasts were blurred.

The victim was a young woman floating on her back the only clothing left on her were a minimalist pair of briefs and bra. This could indicate she fell to the water losing her clothing in the fall. Its been mentioned on local tv other victims have been found with out clothing.

Another thing I have not heard mentioned is if the victims had water in their lungs. I would have thought with the delay on hard information investigators would be keen to know this.

The may do so and not made it public, post mortem is not a routine procedure here like in western countries. There were not many muslims on this flight but they certainly frown upon post mortem.