PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please, someone in Perth gaffa-tape GT!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2015, 00:12
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compylot wrote:

Toughen up princesses, you all sound like a bunch of stuck up whining schoolgirls.. "contact media watch or the press council...??"

Please...

I hope that I don't ever have the misfortune of flying with some of you pansies, "Oh Oh there's a bit of cloud up ahead request 50 miles right of route before I wet my knickers, and by the way lets get onto the press council about that monster GT.." you all need a bit of harden the you know what up.
But wait a minute last year he also wrote:

I agree also with the OP the standard of journalism regarding the facts about an aviation incident is decidedly poor.
I've mentioned before that we pilots should put together a committee to oversee and endorse appropriately accurate technical reporting.

Quote:
I suggest that we draw together a body of aviation professionals, representing not just professional air crew but also Air Traffic Control, Engineers, Flight Attendants and Ground Handlers. (I have included ground handlers here because I am sick to death of the poor attempt many commercials make when including marshalers in some way to sell a product. Too often I see actors waving glow sicks around with absolutely no idea of the correct procedures and don't get me started on their lack of appropriate high visibility clothing or ASIC!)
So which is it Compylot?

Do you think that an industry "expert" should at least have some relevant industry experience and perhaps a modicum of technical knowledge to which their title alludes, or are you just trying to raise your perceived online profile by claiming some moral high ground by way of a sanctimonious rant.

Last edited by psycho joe; 8th Jan 2015 at 00:31.