PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus shock
Thread: Airbus shock
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 23:15
Rabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh guys and gals, LEM said in his opening thread that he was not rated on any airbus type yet he continues to push his one-sided view with commendable gusto. However, one of the things that a good human factors course will convey to an EXPERIENCED pilot is to "LISTEN", maybe there are smarter/more experienced/more qualified/etc pilots around or even beside you in the cockpit. I think both of the above key words are missing here.

As I said earlier, if you don't know don't comment. Here is a perfect case in point - he only thinks he knows yet he talks as if with actual knowledge/experience which he himself admits he does not.

Therefore LEM please listen, everyone but you so far has had positive comment, therefore just maybe your ideas just might be out of step with reality. I myself have20000+ hrs, 6000+ hrs on the 320 and a few more thousand on the A340. With more than 7000 on various Boeings both glass and round dial. I can tell you from ACTUAL experience that round dials on any aircraft do not compare with any glass cockpit. The glass cockpit concept is far superior by any assessment. The A320 was but just one step in the evolution of the aircraft cockpit. This concept has been refined as time goes on and the latest concept for the A380 is simply awesome. The 777 cockpit is also Boeings best yet but you can bet that what they are cooking up will not be that much different to the best that Airbus puts forward.

Therefore LEM its time for you to come out of the dark ages and upgrade your thinking. Its time to LISTEN.

Have a nice day