PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air traffic controller - Opened Letter- student Job seeker
Old 7th Jan 2015, 21:04
alexxrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air traffic controller - Opened Letter- student Job seeker

Good morning, despite being a constant visitor of this forum, today is the day I decided to register and expose my case. This is the first time publishing in a group and I would like to expose my situation with the hope to find a contact or opportunity to get into the aviation world completely. This letter is directed to every professional from the aviation world (ATCOs, SATCOs, ATCAs etc.)

I’m 22 years old (just turned a few days ago), coursing aerospace engineering, master in airports and air navigation. Also holder of an ICAO air traffic controller student license from tower.

Worked as pseudo-pilot, simulator technician and preparing theory briefings for new atc cadets. Some collaborations such as my final master thesis .I based my master thesis on the simulator in which I had received ATC training. Together with different airfield design companies I’ve done a general analysis of an airfield, which it was used also for ATC instruction. I studied its lacks and I designed a new airfield and its airspace. This consisted in designing from new terminals, runways, taxiways to new SIDs, STARs and other procedures that may help to increase the air traffic movements and runway operations in that airfield.

Accident and incident (SMS-Safety management systems). Received a large training in SMS (safety management systems, safety procedures) and others (CNS etc.). Studying real incident and accident reports, investigation and emergency planning.

First of my promotion and recommended by several ex-NATS/SERCO/HIAL/AENA instructors and controllers who previously also worked in the middle-east, Europe, Hong Kong (etc.) and strongly recommended me as I may be very suitable for the role and long stressing journeys.

Also speaking 5 languages such as: English (C1 + ICAO English level 5), German, Italian, Spanish and Catalan.

Despite finishing first of my promotion and all the possible recommendations or qualifications I may have for being talented at air traffic controlling, the collapse from the job market and the “delicate” situation present in Spain has led to the situation that I’ve been neither called to a single interview for an air traffic controller position. Trying to apply outside Spain for a job it is also practically useless as everyone wants experienced people for doing the job or related and the number of times I’ve been already refused within “seconds” are unfortunately huge.

I would like to mention that I do consider I have the typical professional experience you can expect from a 21 year old person. I strongly believe I would be a very valuable asset for a company, a project to invest in, that in a few years of experience could I become a huge working asset for the company.
In which moment does a company decide to first invest into a person and proportionate the required experience that every company wishes to see it grow and take profit of the investment?

I do not put into doubt that having experience it is a great asset. But I would value very much to be considered despite the “lack” of experience, and demonstrate how I can do the job effectively.

I’m aware that there is plenty of people in a similar situation like mine or with more experience than mine and also looking for a chance. But I would like to change mine, and the purpose of this letter is to find advice, help, contacts or any useful chance to finally achieve my dream and professional challenges to work as air traffic controller. I’m willing to move, very capable, huge knowledge in the aeronautical/aviation field and opened to work towards any required qualification or language.

I’m opened to suggestions and any kind of help

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Contact details on my profile if needed. (PM, public messages etc.)

Regards.