PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Piper Cheyenne
Thread: Piper Cheyenne
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2015, 20:45
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sylwia, why won't you listen to advise given to you by countless posters here on your other thread. If you don't like the advise, starting another thread is not going to change the answers.

An MU2 or a Cheyenne in Europe is just not feasible, if you want a TP there really is only one choice, and that is a Beech, as plenty have told you already.

There is a reason they are so cheap to purchase, they will eat you alive in maintenance and in the case of the Rice rocket are a handful to fly for most of the average experienced TP drivers, let alone a newbie. I know, I have flown the MU2 and moved up to 20 series Lears, both are a handful for most and I count my blessings that I lived to tell the tale, both types tried very hard to put my budding aviation career to an abrupt end several times.

There are less than 10 Cheyennes in Europe, Flexjet will correct me on that one, for a reason, you will struggle to get training on it, insure it and maintain it.

A Cheyenne is a bit safer than a MU2, but at 100+ recorded incidents on only 800 airframes, it still can't touch the safety record of a Beech. They stopped making them in '85, that is 30 years of no developments and improvements.

Save up some more money, bite the bullet (as our cousins like to say) and buy a Kingair, it will give you years of trouble free pleasure and it won't kill you at every unsuspecting lapse in concentration.

The last thing we want is to read about some Polish individual here who killed himself in a cheap TP in 6 months......

There is an old saying in aviation, if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it. [JPMorgan]

Last edited by cldrvr; 7th Jan 2015 at 21:06.