PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM....and why?
Thread: CRM....and why?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 22:30
The General

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finnished...
i agree with you 100% on the checklist issue....when i am flying i never have time for it. actually, i find it makes a nice straight edge for me to use when i am doing some drawings in flight. i really enjoy technical drawing and i have designed my own house while in the air and i have always struggled to find a straight edge. so, i suppose the checklist does have some uses.
as far as the african gentleman, he was one of those rather large guys who struggled to climb into his seat, and the stench as he lifted his arms to seat himself was unbareable. he could fly fairly well, although he did say to me that he did not finish his training fully, but i could see that he new most of what he had to do so it did not bother me too much. in his spair time he was a dairy farmer and would bring me in milk before we were rostered to fly together. i recall, he would never drink anything on the flight from the hostees, but rather stick with a large empty whiskey bottle filled with his own milk. not actually his own, but from his cows.
i do believe that these people who teach CRM are just on a big money spinner. they seem to be making good money for a subject which in my opinion has no place in the cockpit...all this jargon, controlled flight into terrain etc etc, obviously those guys werent paying enough attention to their tv screens.
thanks for your reply, very interesting though...