PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF1737 Melbourne-Launceston attempted hijacking - 2 FA's injured
Old 2nd Jun 2003, 22:04
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to commend my colleagues for their actions and wish them all the very best. The tech crew are back at work already. (I think they are mad but good for them...) I certainly hope that the cabin crew take the time to recover fully before coming back to work. You have all proven yourselves as true legends and will not impress us any greater by coming back too soon. Really I hope you all take care of yourselves and that the physical and mental wounds heal....

On that note I would like to thank Impulse management for being amazing in organising two members of management to be flown to the scene within minutes and for getting the crew's family and friends up to MEL ASAP.

Also we had every member of management, including the CEO, in the Sydney crew lounge prior to 0600 on Friday morning to pass on information and provide support. We all needed it and were grateful for their assistance and reassurance. We all valued their efforts. Of course having the resources of the entire Qantas group helped to ensure the matter was dealt with effectively and quickly.